The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission has developed 85 possible changes to hunting, wildlife and captive wildlife codes for consideration. As a license holder in Arkansas, we would like to offer you this chance to speak up about these proposals in a public comment survey. The survey will be open to comments until April 15. Results will then be compiled and presented to the Commission with finalized regulations proposals at an online meeting April 23.
Some proposed regulations changes include:
- Moving the Private Land Antlerless Only Modern Gun Deer Hunt from October to December
- Lowering the annual deer bag limit in zones 12 and 17 to five deer
- Increasing the annual deer bag limit in zones 3, 6, 6A, 7, 8, 8A, 10, 11 and 13 to five deer
- Replacing the current draw system for private land alligator permits to a quota hunt similar to private land elk hunting
- Prohibiting the take of bearded hen turkeys
- Adding many species to wildlife breeder/dealer unrestricted, permitted and prohibited lists in the captive wildlife code.
A full breakdown of the 85 proposed changes can be found by visiting https://www.agfc.com/en/wildlife-management/2020-21-proposed-regs-survey/
You can also take the survey on that page.