As part of the Defining Arkansas Values Initiative, the Urban League of the State of Arkansas will host a virtual town hall, Defining Arkansas Values: A Discussion on Arkansas’ 93rd General Assembly, in collaboration with Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families and The Women’s Foundation of Arkansas.
The coronavirus pandemic brought into glaring focus many of the existing inequalities in our state. As Arkansas’s General Assembly is in session, we have a great opportunity to put policies in place that will help close gaps in issues such as food security, access to health care, and educational opportunities.
This conversation will focus on proposed legislation of Arkansas’ 93rd General Assembly. Panelists will highlight and discuss bills that would help reduce inequity, as well as proposed legislation that would exacerbate current inequalities.
The virtual town hall will feature community leaders and experts on these issues:
- Scott Hamilton, Presenter, CEO & President of the Urban League of the State of Arkansas
- Shane Broadway, Moderator, Former Speaker of the Arkansas House of Representatives, Vice President of Governmental Affairs for the Arkansas State University System
- George McGill, Panelist, Mayor of the City of Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Dean John DiPippa, Panelist, Dean Emeritus and Professor of Law and Public Policy
- Kristen Watson, Panelist, Program Coordinator, G.E.M.S Program at City of Little Rock
- Anna Beth Gorman, Panelist, Executive Director of The Women’s Foundation of Arkansas
WHO: Urban League of the State of Arkansas
WHEN: 7:00 p.m., Monday, February 8
WHERE: KATV Channel 7 Facebook Live
About The Urban League of the State of Arkansas
The Urban League of the State of Arkansas is structured to lead efforts in advancing and obtaining equal opportunities for all citizens with a concerted focus on the areas of Health, Education, Jobs, and Housing. We work to advance economic and social prosperity for all Arkansans by creating access to opportunity through advocacy, community, partnerships, programs, and services. For more information, visit urbanleagueark.org.
About the Defining Arkansas Initiative
Defining Arkansas Values focuses on policy and advocacy goals grounded in the five (5) pillars of the Urban League; Health, Housing, Jobs, Education and Social Justice. Defining Arkansas Values will promote policy discussions that directly impact the ability for communities to grow and prosper. Through its statewide presence, the Urban League of the State of Arkansas pushes for greater resources and more effective policies to advance economic and social equality. For more informatin, visit arkvalues.org.