• Headlines

Caddo Hills receives CTE Grant

DEWAYNE HOLLOWAY|dewayne@mcnews.online
CADDO HILLS – The Caddo Hills AV Tech and Film Department was one of 72 educational departments in Arkansas to receive approximately $2.5 million in Career and Technical Education State Start-up Grants.
The grants are meant to assist high schools with the development of new CTE programs of study.
Caddo Hills has been awarded $41,753.78 to support the Broadcast AV/Tech Film program of study. A statement on the school’s Facebook page congratulated program instructor Victor Guidry. They added that the funds will help ensure that every student enrolled in this program of study is equipped and ready to learn and develop skills that will grow their career potential in the AV/Tech Film Industry.
The start up grants cover 85 percent of costs associated with a new program with the school District committing to cover the remaining 15 percent.
According to Ross White, the director of ADE’s Division of Career and Technical Education, they receive state funds each year to assist schools with purchasing appropriate industry standard equipment needed to start a CTE program of study. He went on to say that CTE programs provide students invaluable hands-on experience to prepare them for future careers.
Grant funds provide a financial boost to help schools start new programs that will meet business and industry needs in the future.
The Acorn Campus of the Ouachita River School District also received a grant valued at $44,402.95 for their Construction Technology Program.

Read More

Public Meetings Scheduled to Seek Input on Updating the Statewide Public Transit Coordination Plan

LITTLE ROCK | August 1, 2022 The Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT) will conduct several public meetings across the state to seek input on an...

Mount Ida School Board discusses test scores

DEWAYNE HOLLOWAY|dewayne@mcnews.online MOUNT IDA – A decline in test scores was among the topics discussed at the most recent Mount Ida School Board meeting. A...

Jeff Black among 25 LEOs recognized by AGFC

Montgomery County AGFC Enforcement Officer Jeff Black was among 25 Arkansas Game and Fish Commission enforcement officers and a K-9 to receive the division’s...

Recent

Public Meetings Scheduled to Seek Input on Updating the Statewide Public Transit Coordination Plan

LITTLE ROCK | August 1, 2022 The Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT) will conduct several public meetings across the state to seek input on an...

Mount Ida School Board discusses test scores

DEWAYNE HOLLOWAY|dewayne@mcnews.online MOUNT IDA – A decline in test scores was among the topics discussed at the most recent Mount Ida School Board meeting. A...

Jeff Black among 25 LEOs recognized by AGFC

Montgomery County AGFC Enforcement Officer Jeff Black was among 25 Arkansas Game and Fish Commission enforcement officers and a K-9 to receive the division’s...